Library Rules and Procedures
Be sure to check your student's backpack each Tuesday for communication from school to parents.
- Students have a scheduled library visit with their Language Arts teacher.
- Second and third-grade students may check out two books at a time. Fourth and fifth-graders are able to check out 3 books at a time since they are visiting the library every other week.
- Books are due on the student's scheduled library day. If rechecking a book, students must have the book with them to recheck.
- If a student is absent on his/her library day, books are rechecked for that student and will be due at their next scheduled library time.
- While fines are not charged at the elementary level, students must be diligent in returning books in a timely manner. Books may be renewed 3 times before it must be returned for the next reader on the list to check out. Students returning all books each library visit will be permitted to check out the maximum number of books.
- Accidents do happen....but lost or damaged books must be paid for so we can replace that copy. Students may check out only one book until fees are paid.
Birthday Book Club
Join our Birthday Book Club!
Our Birthday Book Club is a great way that parents, grandparents, and friends may honor a special student on his/her birthday.
More information can be found on the Birthday Book Club form.
There are many exciting activities planned for your child this year at Barbers Hill Elementary North's Library Media Center. To coordinate book fairs, author visits, incentives for the children, and other activities takes the cooperation of staff members and volunteers.
We invite everyone to take part in your child's reading by volunteering at our library.