Barbers Hill ISD Goals
The Board of Education sets goals for the entire district. The district goals are:
- BHISD will increase the achievement of all students and prepare them for post-secondary education and the workplace through high quality, student-centered programs.
Barbers Hill Elementary North Goals
BHEN administrators and teachers have analyzed our most recent student performance data to determine the most important areas of improvement for our school. Those areas include:
- 90% of 1st and 2nd grade students will meet or exceed their end of year learning targets in both reading and math.
- 3rd grade students will continue to exceed the previous year's collective STAAR scores in both reading and math to meet the district's expectations of 90% Approaches, 70% Meets, and 50% Masters and earn five designated distinctions.
In the Classroom
The teachers and staff will work with students and their families to support student success in reading, writing and math. Some of our key connections with families will be:
- Weekly communications with parents and guardians through emails, Tuesday folders, newsletters, phone calls, etc.
- Provide parents with information and training on how to work with students at home in both reading and math.
- Teachers may have students keep a reading log on a daily or weekly basis; provide incentives for daily or weekly reading.
- Teachers may require students to obtain parent signatures for weekly work or reading and provide incentives to students for parent signatures.
- Various family events with a focus on academic success as well as fine arts and student performances.
- Updated campus website with helpful information on instruction and upcoming events.
- Parents may also volunteer at our school or chaperone field trips following the BHISD volunteer training and background check.
Barbers Hill Elementary North parents have joined staff to develop ideas about how families can support their student's success in reading, writing and math. Families may have other ideas to add to the following list:
- Parents will have students read independently or read aloud to them daily for 20 to 30 minutes, asking students to explain what they have read.
- Parents and students will review writing samples at home.
- Parents will practice basic math facts on a weekly basis at home with their student. Parents may want to use flash cards or various technology apps to assist students in mastering their math fact fluency.
The parents and staff of Barbers Hill Elementary North will partner together to maximize the academic learning of our students this school year. The following ideas were created to provide parents will communication tools, parent volunteer opportunities, and at-home learning strategies to extend reading, writing and math learning for their children.
Join us for special family events hosted by Barbers Hill Elementary North such as:
- Eagle Launch
- Open House
- Watch D.O.G.S.
- Fall Fest
- Red Ribbon Week
- Veterans Day
- Turkey Trot
- Christmas Parade
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Special academic events such as Reading, Math, Science, or Fine Arts nights
BHEN is committed to frequent communication with families about their children's learning. Some of the ways you can expect us to communicate with you include:
- ParentSquare messages
- Student agenda notes
- Tuesday folders
- Monthly parent newsletter
- Emails sent by teachers
- Phone calls
- School website
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Progress Reports and Report Cards
You may contact your child's teacher at anytime by phone at (281) 576-2221 or email. Staff email addresses can be found on our school website.